7.26.2012

Scorching Summer Days...

...are clearly mother nature's way of telling us that we don't spend enough time indoors...in the a/c...on the internet.

Several emails from you all asking what I've been up to this summer, and oh how I wish I had something exciting like a trip to Ireland/Scotland to share with you!  Remember this plan?  Well, sometimes plans fall through, and I have nothing to complain about...but I also have nothing all that noteworthy to share.

Still, you asked, so tell you I shall.

#1:  Work.  Lots of work.  But let's not spend any more time on that topic for now...

#2:  Making plans & preparations for my Sketchbook 2013, starting with disassembling it and re-binding!  You all know I can't deal with the plain binding they have on that thing, right?  I hope to share more visuals soon, but here's a teaser...
(who doesn't love patterned paper scraps? *sigh*)

#3:  Games.  What?  You didn't think I'd given it up already, did you?  ;)  My guildies (yeah that's right,  you want a piece of me?) and I are gearing up to re-group together to play the upcoming mmorpg Guild Wars 2.  Looking forward to that!

But what's got my real attention this summer is Lord of the Rings Online.  Not a new game, in fact, it was released years ago (long before this noob entered the gaming world) but in the lull between games for my guild...one of my guild friends suggested I try LOTRO.  I don't need to go on and on about it (although I could wax poetic for awhile pretty easily) but suffice to say I'm thoroughly enjoying the escape into Middle Earth to beat the summer heat.  Here's why:

Pretty gorgeous, right?  I love the music, the environment, the story (obviously, huge Lord of the Rings fan over here!)and level of detail they've put into the world.  Plus, I get to kill stuff...with a lute.  Win.

#4:  When I'm not engaged in cutting paper scraps & working on that journal, working, or playing games...I've got my nose in The Game of Thrones, first in the Song of Ice and Fire book series.  It's epic violent sexy fantasy goodness.  I love a big thick read.  Besides...winter is coming...and I want to finish the first two books before I start watching the show, which I plan to do this fall.  

I hope you're all enjoying a lovely summer...these national record high temperatures aren't making it easy to keep cool, but I wish you lots of tall iced teas, thick shade trees, and cool dips in the pool!  Drop me a line & let me know what you've been up to!

3 comments:

Sara said...

I have been tempted to try the LOTR game... Is that free now? Oh how I'd love to thwack something with a lute after a craptastic day at work.

I can't wait to see your Sketchbook Project develop!

I actually just finished reading GoT over the weekend and I'm in the second chapter of Clash of Kings. What a great series!

Take care. So happy to see you posting <3

Heidi said...

Hi Sara! Thanks for stopping by...and yes, LOTRO is free to play now - up to a certain area...there is quite a bit of content for free, actually, I was impressed. It's a sweet game, I am thoroughly enjoying it. Combat is a bit clunky but I got used to it pretty quick. They've done a great job creating Middle Earth...if you're a fan of the books/movies, it's hard not to like it!

If you decide to give it a go, let me know! :)

As for the sketchbook, I'm thinking of even replacing the paper with some more exciting paper...not sure what I'm going to do ON the pages yet, but the binding must come first. :)

Thanks for the comment!

Alina said...

Thanks for Sharing

­Alina.von-Lipinski@uni-bayreuth.de