2.21.2010

remains of the day journal

it's done! and here it is...my first "remains of the day journal" a la mary ann moss' class, which, by the way, i highly recommend if you like messy, scrappy, free, experimental fun!i'm so proud of this journal...and so happy i chose this particular project for my first "real" sewing project. mary ann is so encouraging, and SO just like me in the sewing department, i couldn't go wrong. even though i did. go wrong, that is. but what's great about this project is that "everything can be fixed" (to quote mary ann herself.)

i just loved every minute of it. so without further yadda yadda...the video...it's long, so thanks for bearing with me. the girls in the class will want to see every page. i know i did when they put their vids up. thanks for stopping by!

15 comments:

Carol Q said...

your journal is gorgeous and I'm deeply impressed with your video, much better than my amateurish effort with my digital camera LOL

Jennifer said...

Love your journal! So many wonderful pockets and things to fill. Have fun!

Barbara said...

Awesome video! I love your pages, with so many pockets and places to put things in. Such fun.

MarleneMAZ said...

Great journal, I love all the fabrics you used on the cover. Lots of pockets and flaps very inspiring for your first sewing project.

Unknown said...

marvelous journal. love that you used soooo many envelopes. those long skinny kraft colored ones are cool. i can't begin to imagine what they might be for or be from. and your music was fun, too!

Deborah said...

I love it! So creative; especially all the little pockets.

Mary Welsh Hubbard said...

gorgeous journal. Love the pages and the cover!

Unknown said...

I can NOT believe you sewed this!! From scratch?? It is just beautiful...had to watch the video again here after I went to youtube. Love your music choices by the way. It's lovely, heidi.

Shannon said...

oooh I love it Heidi!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous - I love all of your pages and your cover is wonderful. Can't wait to see how you fill it up.
Hugs.

Kristi said...

OOOOH . . . beautiful journal. I really love all the fabrics on your cover! I also love the crinkly sound when I go through all the inside pages. Nice job and can't wait to see how you fill up the inside!

susi said...

love your book and the music is so fun!!

Tracy said...

Fantastic! Way to go Heidi. Yep, I wanted to see each and every page. Thanks for taking the time to go slowly so I could see all of your bits. What is your orange paper that is kind of see through...so cool!

dejavucreations said...

I am impressed ... very cool!

latte_grande said...

Loved your video! Your journal is just fan-freaking-tabulous!!