"First of all, I don't see America having problems." --George W. Bush
- Umm. Clue #1 that we were in for it.
"You know, one of the hardest parts of my job is to connect Iraq to the war on terror." --interview with CBS News' Katie Couric, Sept. 6, 2006
- I actually agree with him on this one! I am still struggling to find that connection.
"This foreign policy stuff is a little frustrating." --as quoted by the New York Daily News, April 23, 2002
- Poor fella. Nobody told him he'd have to talk to anyone outside of Texas.
"They misunderestimated me." --Bentonville, Ark., Nov. 6, 2000
- Well, actually, no...no we didn't.
"If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator." --Washington, D.C., Dec. 19, 2000
- Dude. Seriously? Come on.
"I know what I believe. I will continue to articulate what I believe and what I believe -- I believe what I believe is right." --Rome, Italy, July 22, 2001
- What the...?
"The most important thing is for us to find Osama bin Laden. It is our number one priority and we will not rest until we find him." --Washington, D.C., Sept. 13, 2001
- Oh good. There's an idea we can all get behind.
"I don't know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority." --Washington, D.C., March 13, 2002
- Wait. What? You mean, you're resting now?
"Those weapons of mass destruction have got to be somewhere!" --joking about his administration's failure to find WMDs in Iraq as he narrated a comic slideshow during the Radio & TV Correspondents' Association dinner, Washington, D.C., March 24, 2004
- No comment.
"I'll be long gone before some smart person ever figures out what happened inside this Oval Office." --George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., May 12, 2008
- Don't count on it. That smart person? He's moving in today.
"One of the things important about history is to remember the true history." --George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., June 6, 2008
- No worries, G. We won't soon forget your contributions, we have no choice.
"Goodbye from the world's biggest polluter." --George W. Bush
- Don't let the door hit you on your way out!
I could not be more ready to send this guy to the archives! It's 2009, I'm feeling hopeful, my faith in humanity nearly restored, my body free of aspartame, my country free from the ridiculous antics of this guy.
Goodbye Dubya, Hello Obama!