8.11.2008

US

Today Kirk and I are celebrating 13 years married and nearly 18 years together. 18 years! That is longer than I lived in Colorado growing up. It feels like so much less than that - and I'm still head over heels for this guy. Love him to pieces. He's the butter on my bread, the bees knees, the cat's pajamas, the best!13 years, 13 things i love about you:

  1. When you're reading or tired, you twist your hair into impossible knots that nobody can get out but yourself.
  2. You're one of the best active listeners I've ever met.
  3. You are willing to be friends with anyone...and everyone.
  4. You have the best, and most odd, sense of humor.
  5. You still play as enthusiastically as any child.
  6. Your curiosity about the world around you inspires me.
  7. You are really intense and I love your passion and intellect.
  8. You are a left-wing, progressive thinking, open-minded hippie liberal.
  9. You support me in all of my endeavors, serious or silly.
  10. Your sincerity is unmatched.
  11. You "get" me.
  12. You are absolutely ok with my independence and secure with yourself. You need no validation from others.
  13. I love that I could make a list like this for as many DAYS as I've known you....and keep right on going.

Happy Anniversary my love. Here's to us.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

AWWWWWWWWWWWWW! That is so cute. You guys rock. Congratulations!

Unknown said...

cheesy and mushy and gooey and wonderful, happy anniversary!

Kristina said...

I LOVE that you two have a love like that! You're VERY lucky!!

Anonymous said...

wow this is a wonderful post, happy anniversary and keep celebrating that love of yours!