6.22.2008

Clay Buttons - My Newest Addiction

There was a recent post on the tally blog by TheresaK about making buttons out of polymer clay...such as sculpey or fimo clay - it's the stuff that some jewelry is made of, along with other crafty goodness. These are super easy to make, look great on cards and scrapbook pages, ATC's, etc, and just like she warned us: totally addictive! Here are some before and after pics from today:

You just shape them, bake them, deocrate them, and glaze them! I made all of these in about an hour. I'm loving them, and having a lot of fun.

What better to do on a steaming hot SoCal summer day than stay indoors, where our temporarily new air conditioner blasts cool breezes, and get crafty? Now that I've played with it a bit, I think I'll try to make some similar design sets and sell them in my etsy shop (which still doesn't have anything for sale, but has a cool logo and tagline - all ready to go!)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are amazing...I'm SO doing this!!

Unknown said...

um...HELLOOOO...those are rockin! when will they be for sale, i want some!?

Anonymous said...

love these buttons!

ChristyR said...

um how come I didn't know you had a blog? adding you immediately to my friends list. when were those buttons supposed to head out in the mail to me?

Anonymous said...

You could just be the most creative friend that I have ever had. Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dumb will have to get together to figure out "Whose got the buttons!"

Anonymous said...

you amaze me. how many new projects can you handle? One is enough for me!

Dolores said...

love the buttons